The George’s Nest virtual Journal Time gives children the opportunity to practice fundamental journal writing techniques, as well as begin what hopefully becomes a life-long enjoyment for writing. By offering a range of topics and themes about which to draw and write, students use early literacy tools like using letter sounds to write and label pictures, with the eventual goal of creating sentences to write underneath their illustrations.
Our online Transitional Kindergarten Journal Time is a huge success. Not only are we helping young writers learn skills to prepare them for primary grade writing content, but journaling has also been essential in helping us learn what deeply interests our students. Another special aspect of our sessions is that children are always given an opportunity to showcase their progress and finished journal entries, fostering a collaborative and uplifting writing environment.
With a variety of options available for all types of learners to begin learning how to write, George’s Nest’s Journal Time is ready to prepare your young author for success in literacy and writing! George’s Nest online preschool is an excellent choice for you and your preschooler to cultivate a fun and interesting writing environment, helping students to thrive in literacy!
How can George’s Nest virtual Journal Time help your preschool age child?
George’s Nest offers weekly live Transitional Kindergarten lessons Monday through Friday, and children will engage in virtual Journal Time to develop early literacy skills. You can expect:
- Consistent and predictable routines that help students feel safe to engage in writing tasks
- Learn writing mechanics through teacher modeling, handwriting practice, and reflection
- Foster speaking/listening skills by sharing writing, actively listening, and providing feedback to peers
- Develop a welcoming, collaborative, and encouraging virtual learning environment through affirmation, positive reinforcement, and specific, positive feedback
- Access to asynchronous videos with instructional activities to supplement synchronous instruction
- Experienced, highly qualified Early Childhood Educators to partner with to enhance your learning programs at home and supplement your child’s in-person learning
So, are you ready to immerse your child in an enriching literacy environment? Try George’s Nest for top-notch online education for your early learners! We are here to put the heart of early education back into your home!
Want to see more? Check out our Tik Tok for Transitional Kindergarten Journal Time clips.
Blog written by Katherine Finnerty