Winter Fun to Try at Home!
Looking for some creative ways to spend time while you’re home for the holidays? Here are 3 easy projects to try!
Nature Ice Wreath
- Bundt pan
- Berries, leaves, or anything that you find beautiful!
- In the bundt pan, arrange the berries, leaves, etc.
- Fill with water and freeze-either outside (if it’s cold enough) or in your freezer!
- Once frozen, dip the bottom of the pan in warm water to release your wreath.
- Tie with a string ribbon and hang up outside to let it catch the sun! Lasts longest during freezing weather.
- 3 cups of baking soda
- 1/2 cup hair conditioner
- Mix baking soda and conditioner together for moldable, squishable “snow” that is perfect for those indoor days!
Icy Salt Painting
- Heavy paper or card stock – White or black/blue depending on your desired outcome
- A microwave safe measuring cup or bowl
- Epsom salt
- Food coloring drops
- Paint brushes
- Heat water in the microwave until it is very hot (not boiling)
- Mix an equal amount of Epsom salt in with the water (e.g., 1/2 cup water to 1/2 cup salt)
- Mix well then add a couple drops of food coloring to create the desired color. OR leave colorless
- Paint onto the dark paper.
- Watch as the paint dries and crystallizes to create the look of ice!